5 Hurricane Facts in October
Here are 5 things The Law Offices of Scott Klotzman, P.A. want our neighbors to know about Florida's Hurricane Season in October:
1. October is the most prone month for a hurricanes in the Tampa Bay Area.
2. Western Caribbean becomes a tropical hot spot for formations
3. Cold fronts act as a highway for tropical systems, often steering storms toward Florida
4. 33 hurricanes struck Florida since 1851 during the month of October — 10 were major
5. The Tampa Bay hurricane of 1921 struck in October; it’s the last known major hurricane to directly strike Tampa.
Hurricane season ends November 30.