Mardi Gras is here! Because this celebration reaches beyond the BIG EASY of NEW ORLEANS, The Law Offices of Scott Klotzman, P.A. want to ensure celebrations stay safe! If you are planning on having a house party in your home, it's a great time to check on some things . When having company over, safety is paramount. Before guests arrive, make sure you have inspected your property.
1. Clear walkways, porches and driveways of debris.
2. Check exterior lighting and make sure your pathways are clearly marked.
3. Ensure your door remains locked as visitors enter in and out. You never know who may take advantage of that!
4. When guests leave for the evening, make sure they are safe to drive! Use Uber, Lyft and Taxi Services for guests who may need some support getting home.
5. Do not leave festive lanterns or candles burning all night! Keep an eye on your open flames, including fire pits and BBQ's.
If you find yourself partying too much and incur any property damage, our Attorneys are prepared to support you during the insurance claim process.